Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Post Op Week

August 14, 2017
    Okay, I will try to write a brief account of what happened last week.  On Monday we spent all day in the house, made food, and studied.  On Tuesday it was super freaky….we had a district class in our HOUSE, with the sister missionaries.  It was super weird.  We got special permission, but it was still strange having the sisters in my house. Later we had divisions and I went with Elder M. who is super cool. We didn’t teach, but we set up lots of appointments and contacted lots of people. It felt good to leave the house.  I was about to buy some food and get a few things done.  On Wednesday we left on divisions to go to work, but President Clayton called us to tell us that he wanted to stop by and visit my companion on his way to Manzanillo.  So, you can imagine, we ran home to clean up.  It wasn’t dirty, but because of divisions and taking care of my companion, it was messy.  President stopped by (with a few of his kids) and brought us a few treats (Gatorade and Chokis)  He is so awesome!  Hermana Clayton commented that the house looked VERY good, and how clean my clothes looked hanging on the line (so that was worth it!) She also looked at my toes and told me to call the doctor.  Thursday was a regular day.  The zone leaders came back to visit us this afternoon.  They finally found some new people to teach.  My throat started hurting today and I think that I am somehow getting sick even though I have been locked up for a week in my house. The ZLs stayed the night and ate all of our food and used all of our toilet paper.  Seriously, divisions can be rough. Friday I went to the doctors to have my toe looked at.  He did not want to remove the nail so he just gave me antibiotic pills and a cream to take for a week.  We also needed to buy some food.  The members have been awesome in supporting us with food, but we got cleaned out on divisions. I was with Elder O (a missionary from Mexico). He had to go buy some socks because he forgot to pack clean ones. Divisions ended that afternoon and I returned to my sitting around and studying. There is a mountain of tupperware in our house from the members who bring us food.  This is my life now, I don’t know if it is punishment or a vacation! Sunday was our liberation day.  My comp decided he could go to church. It took a million years to get there, but he did it!  Seriously, there are 90 year old Mexicans who walk faster than he did.  At church they asked us to bless the sacrament an there was an intermediate hymn so it was hard on my comp to stand and sit every other second.  The poor guy!  I really love this branch though!  There is a ton of work to do and at times it seems impossible to do. But the few members there are here are faithful! After church we went back to the house and my comp pretty much died.  It took a lot out of him.
    Considering everything, this has been a pretty exciting week of sitting around and reading the book of mormon!!!!  But for all that time I’ve had, I’m still in 2nd Nephi. "and also my life passed away like as it were unto me a dream...." but things are going great. Every morning I have to change his bandage so thats really fun! Also I’m getting really good at making meals with absolutely nothing in the house. I don’t know how: lots of hot dogs, pasta, and oatmeal. Zone conference is next week so we get to see president and learn lots. I feel like I haven’t done anything here in Tamazula, but hopefully I can start to get back to work. I am officially the laziest missionary sadly.... but this week my comp should be able to walk more!

Cleaning the font on top of the meeting house


No comments:

Post a Comment