Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Zone Conference

August 14, 2017
    Well today was a normal Monday.  We washed clothes and stayed in the house.  Later we went to write our emails and A. came by with the iPhone that he bought for me.  Actually he came for the money and then he took it back so that he could go buy a sim card and activate it.  I paid about 60$ for an iPhone 5 so I hope its a good deal.  It won’t have any capability to actually make calls, but I will be able to put scriptures on it and listen to conference talks.  We also bought our food and my comp got his hair cut. And that was our day.
August 15, 2017
    Today was strange.  I really feel super disobedient because of this post surgical recovery.  It’s super hard to wake up on time and we don’t leave the house until lunch time.  Today we were going to go to Guzman to have my comp’s stitches removed.  We had to cancel our afternoon appointments so that we could go.  I got my iPhone delivered this morning.  Then we went to our lunch appointment and spent too long there.  It started to rain super hard and then we got trapped because the bridge was flooded.  We had no choice but to stay put.  The doctor called us later to reschedule for tomorrow.  So there we were with nothing to do.  We went house to house knocking on doors.  My companion had to sit and rest between each house. While we waited, we said a prayer and then finally a door opened and we were able to teach a lesson.  Really, my companion can’t walk for very long without wearing out or having lots of pain.  I’m not sure what we are going to do, but we have to keep working somehow.

August 16, 2017
    Today we went to Guzman for district class which went okay.  Then we went to the doctor to have my comps stitches removed.  The doctor said that he can walk and recommended that he should try going to a park and walking around a basketball court 10 times and then that’s good enough for the day.  That is unfortunately no where near what a missionary has to walk every day.  We got back to our area late and missed our lunch, so we went to our house and rested.  Later we went to teach and investigator, but he talked the whole times about his dreams, anyhow he wanted to live in a good Christian community away from all the corruption. We really couldn’t talk at all.  We got home late tonight because my companion just cant move faster than an overweight penguin.
August 17, 2017
     Got up late again today. It’s so hard because Elder F. can hardly get out of be and I don’t want to exercise because of my sore toe.  So yeah, I’s not doing what I should be doing and it feels terrible.  We did part of our weekly planning, walked to lunch and probably too far for my companion.  Our appointment fell through, but we found one contact who asked us for money. Then we waddled back to our house to finish weekly planning. I really need to change something and change it fast because I don’t feel good working like this.  Though now I can listen to talks which I enjoy. My iPhone battery dies super fast and it is kind of beat up, but it works for what I need so that is good.  We set some good goals and I am hoping that things can improve from here on out. 
August 18, 2017
    Today started off better because I got up on time and did some exercises and studies, be we didn’t leave the house until 1:00 PM. It is that my comp literally cannot be walking around all day long, he just can’t do it. But we used the time to study and we did an activity where we practiced sharing the restoration story in less than one minute so that we could teach that during contacting.  I tried to share it throughout the day, but it didn’t work very well.  I need more practice, haha. We ate with a brother who is super cool and can talk for hours, but almost forced you to eat and eat and eat.  The food is AMAZING so it is not hard for me!  None of our planned appointments were home, so we went to teach a less active member’s children.  The kids are 12 and 9 years old and are set for baptism in September.  

 August 19, 2017  - ZONE CONFERENCE
    Today was a super cool day.  We went to Guzman for the zone conference.  We learned a ton of stuff.  The president basically told us that he doesn’t like how we are teaching as missionaries. We need to simplify and teach lessons in less time.  He said a lot of other things, but the whole conference was focused on how to be a better teacher, which is exactly what I needed.  I really had started to feel that my teaching was ineffective, like all of my investigators were not progressing.  But there is a lot of things to improve on.  We played a game where there were three groups of missionaries who rotated through stations.  At one station, every person had to iron a white shirt, another station was sewing on a button, another was washing your hands (properly) - we had to sing “I am a Child of God, and another station where we had to make and eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while reciting a scripture.  The whole game was a competition for fun. I was the last person to go in the last group to rotate.  So when it was my turn for the sandwiches, I was alone.  I decided to make a huge sandwich of peanut butter and honey - like double the monster sandwich that I would normally make.  Then President noticed that I didn’t have anyone to race against, so he made the assistants race me.  BUT, I still won.  I downed the whole thing so fast!  So yeah, that was my day. 

*The Assistants taught about divisions, 

and companion inventories.

*The Sister Training Leaders taught about testifying

of the prophet Joseph Smith in each lesson

*The Zone Leaders taught about testifying 

of the Book of Mormon in each lesson 

Elder Anderson is no longer in my zone, but this is a pic of him at his zone confernce

Our Activity

Station #1 ironing a missionary shirt

*reciting the Standard of Truth in Spanish
Station #2 sewing a button on their shirt

*reciting their Missionary Purpose in English
Station #3 washing their hands while singing

*I am a Child of God in English
Station #4 making a PP&J sandwich

*reciting D&C 4 in Spanish or English

(their choice)




No comments:

Post a Comment