Well now I have to give a summary of the last 3 weeks and it has been crazy. The last two weeks in Puerto Vallarta were cool, as in not hot. We taught and walked in the rain and that is pretty much it. A lot of the investigators we had were saying that they had lots of doubts about our message. But V. is still solid in her desire to be baptized on the 5th of August. This last Sunday we had 9 investigators come to Sacrament meeting which is a ton for this area. I feel like I left that area with lots of potential. Other little things happened in the end of my time there.
- The ward mission leader had a stroke and we gave him a blessing.
- Elder Anderson had a birthday and I gave him 6 jars of peanut butter for him to eat in the next 6 weeks of his new transfer.
- I made a deal with a member to buy us Costco muffins for the last week of our transfer together. It was expensive, but I have been saving money in my reserve fund so I might as well use it. I will end up donating all of it as a fast offering in the end of my mission anyway.
- We had a really good district class and I bought a cake for another sister who went home. She is the third person in the district to go home this transfer. I have bought a lot of cakes this transfer! haha.
- The hermanas taught an English class where they were teaching the students how to give and understand directions in English. At the end of the lesson, everyone had to explain where they lived. The sisters wrote down their directions so that they could follow up with them later. I just thought that was funny.
- The other sisters had a baptism but had to talk to the president and he said that they would have to wait a while before moving forward.
- And of course there were the transfers.
Elder Flores is pretty cool. He doesn’t speak any English at all so I am very happy because I am finally learning a ton of Spanish. He is 22, a convert of 3 years, and has been on the mission for 4 months. He talks a LOT and LOVES to sing, but doesn’t sing very well. Overall, I really like him. He has to have a surgery which will put him in bed for about two weeks. Hopefully we will be doing some divisions with the zone leaders during that time so that I don’t get stuck in the house.
Sadly, the worst thing that happened to me in the past three weeks is that I lost or rather had my iPod stolen while I was on the bus. It was my fault because I took it out of my pocket to read and then I fell asleep. I hadn’t slept the night before so I was completely out of it, like in a coma. Honestly I don’t even remember what happened at all. I keep trying to tell myself that it is just a thing and it isn't important. It's not working very well.
August 8, 2017
Hey I'm alive just wanted to tell you guys we got permission to talk to you guys but its already 8 and I want to go look for some people and buy food. We have been pretty much stuck completely in the house since my companion’s surgery. The mission
says he has to be out of the house in ten days but I feel like most people take a month of recovery for these sort of things. He’s gonna have to be real real real tough but he kind of whines. But I don’t know his pain so I can’t judge. It’s a big incision like my index finger in length. I’m getting really good at making oatmeal in the morning and pasta and rice. I pretty much have to cook all his food and be his nanny, but its cool. I had a really bad fever last lunes of 103 and he really helped me out so this is
just repaying the favor. Pray for my comp!!!!!!!