Blog Archive

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Just Pluggin along


March 6, 2017

Sorrrrrrry but I have been really busy and therefore lazy with writing in my journal. It's not that I don’t want to but know I’m taking reports and talking to the zone leaders until like 9:30 and I’m usually exhausted, so I just go to bed after or I’m doing something else like making a dinner or something. But yeah thats that. Life is pretty monotonous honestly. Puerto Vallarta feels like a pretty slow area honestly. Maybe its just because I’m not working hard enough, but we will just keep working. I know the Lord will bless those who bear their burdens with patience so we will press forward. There was a day (after a week of pretty much nothing in terms of anything, and divisions in Tepic which ate up two days) where we found lots of new people to teach all in one day. Some are sort of eh and one might only listen to us because her friend is literally IN LOVE with me and Elder M., but there was one man that we found at like 8 at night just going from investigator from contact searching for someone. He was sitting outside of a house of an investigator, sort of drunk but we just sort of started talking. He knew perfect English so my companions were able to actually really talk to this guy. They are both very new to speaking Spanish so they don’t get to do very much teaching.  Anyway long story short, he’s just very very prepared to receive the gospel. It will be a process and probably wont be baptized until long after I’m gone but it was cool. That was the only day that I’ve really felt like I’ld seen miracles here. Who knows maybe I’m just too pessimistic.

On other notes my companions have developed a habit of saying "dude" in the most annoying way possible. They literally use it to express basically every emotion they have. They’re trying to make fun of the bros but it got old really fast. Also they talk soooooo much about girls.... It gets pretty old, and a little distracting. But, I still love them even though it takes a lot of patience. They’ve taught me a lot, except that time when Elder M. tried to boil water in a fry pan for pasta...... but yeah thats pretty much it. There really is a lot more work here than I make it seem. It’s just for whatever reason we cant seem to really utilize the potential here.


we went out to the boonies of our area,
We went out to the boonies of our area.


 A bus ride to Tepic

 
A baptism from the district!
My usual breakfast

     Yeah I know. I keep telling him that he can't use headphones. He told me that he´ll only use them on the long bus rides (they’re actually pretty nice bus rides, especially compared to the packed city buses) but he started using them in the house again. I don’t think he takes me super seriously because he’s 24 and has a lot more life experience than me. He doesn’t really understand the whole exact obedience thing super well. The only thing is that I don’t want to create an environment where there’s just mutual dislike between us. There’s no spirit in that. He´ll probably just get mad at me... but there needs to be a change in language. Like he’s a convert and he has habits that are hard to break. I understand that but you just shouldn’t swear or use terms like douchebag as a missionary either. But I don’t know how I can correct him when I have my own problems.  My one comp was HATING the mission before he got transferred, and I am not wanting to make things worse for him.

Health conference, I didn't  learn anything that I didn’t already know thanks to being raised by two doctors, except that the mission doctor is literally Napolean Dynamite’s dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment