Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Catch up Post - Still in Barra


January 31, 2018
        Bueno this week has been really good lots of work and lots of heat as always!
        So this week we worked really hard to find new investigators. In this whole change we have been contacting like crazy and this week we saw some fruits of our work. We had quite a few new investigators, some of which can really progress. Sadly, NONE of them went to church, but we had various investigators apart from them anyway. It’s so humbling to see these people, some of which have almost nothing, do so much to help and serve. It certainly has changed my perspective. I can’t even imagine what things would be like in some countries in Africa or other poorer places. It truly is our responsibility to reach out and help these people. 
        On Monday we went to Guadalajara and MAN is it cold there!!! it probably didn’t drop below 45 degrees but I was dying from the cold. I think I slept with like 5 or 6 blankets... I don’t know if I was sick but I felt so bad. I don’t know whats happening to me. Also the air is so dry there.  I hope they never send me to Guadalajara because I’m too used to the beach environment/climate. Part of me really hopes that I never leave Barra.  We’ve seen so many miracles and in these last few months. There are many families that will be ready to be baptized. Its probably my favorite area. I think I’m finally sort of doing okay as a missionary. Who knows, all I know is that this is the greatest work in the world. Even when you “suffer" (and I really don’t think I’ve suffered at all here) it makes you feel good that in spite of your challenges that you’e doing what you need to do and doing the work of the Lord. The scriptures are true, all of the challenges and pains of life can be swallowed up in the joy of Christ, joy that comes from selfless service. I really don’t know much, and I don’t have many hugely miraculous experiences to tell, or some profound experience to share, all I can say is that I know that this work is true, that the church is true, and that we are guided by representatives called directly by the Lord. Let us all trust in God and reach out to our friends and all those around us to share this glorious message. Let us reach out and help others come unto to Christ who is the source of all light, hope, truth, and love. He who counsels and strengthens us. 
February 5, 2018
        I really don’t have much to say about this week, it was good, and slightly challenging at the same time. I’m super tired all the time. I think I need to get to bed on time. I’m not sure why I’m always tired, but I think the traveling kinda kills me. 
        We started off the week by going to Concilio!!! Always a blast and this month Presidente taught about the Holy Ghost. He taught us things I had never even thought about before. It was kind of mind blower for everyone honestly, but very cool. 
         Following mission council, we did a baptismal interview for a lady which she unfortunately did not pass. Hopefully she will be able to keep progressing later on. 
      Other than that, we had divisions in La Huerta and we able to get a lot of work done there! There is a lot of progress in La Huerta. Actually, the church is struggling in Barra and doing lots better in La Huerta, I think we might need to organize our efforts between the two areas a little better.
       Apart from that, nothing much else happened. Today we opted to take sort of half pday and half work day because basically half the week we are going to be outside of our area. We get to go to Jala for divisions with the assistants!!! its gonna be great, just a LOT of traveling. 
       Some miracles this week: coming back from Guadalajara we had to stay the night in Colima, then in the morning we had to go to Manzanillo. Unfortunately, the next bus didn’t leave until later, which would cut out our time to write home. Then we found out that one of the lineas had a bus that had gotten to the station about a half hour late and was about to leave, so we got back in Manzanillo in time to write and do everything we needed to do. Another miracle happened on Sunday when a girl (who I honestly don’t even remember her name and have talked to like twice) came to church! She is a niece of an investigator. Her aunt didn’t even go, she came alone, and afterwards asked for a hymn book so that she could learn the hymns! Later on that same Sunday, it was 8:30 and we were right by our house about to end the day, but our plans fell so we started contacting. Everyone rejected us, but something told me to keep going until the end of the day, then at 8:58 PM, the last person we had time to contact accepted and gave us his address. The miracles always seem to happen just when you start losing hope, after the trial of faith. And finally today, just a little while ago, we were contacting this one guy and another person walked past, we felt that we needed to talk with him so we caught up with the guy and turns out his uncle is a member that we didn’t even know existed and he lives in Barra! 
       It was a good week, though we need to work a lot lot more, Barra can progress and should be progressing more than it is. Hopefully we can start putting in the work that it needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment