Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

"In the Groove"

     Nothing much is new, this week has been really really good. Well just normal, but we’ve been able to work hard and that’s pretty much the best as a missionary. We had divisions and a zone conference this week and this week will be pretty much pure divisions, but I’m looking forward to it. We should be able to get a lot done. 

     Yesterday Church was really good. In La Huerta we didn’t have many investigators, though it was a pretty good turnout. However in Barra, we had 10, and it was really really cool because, apart from speaking in sacrament, the gospel principles just talked about the whole organization of the church/priesthood and I think that the investigators could really see how well the church is organized. I just really think its important for people here in such a tiny branch (it’s really actually a group) to see the church as a whole. The whole two hours were just really good (we only meet for two hours) and I really am starting to feel a genuine love for these people. It makes me want to share the gospel with all of them and help them through their challenges. It makes me want to labor in this great work. Best of all, the familia De Dios (yes thats their last name) went to church!!!!! They hadn’t gone in forever and we had told them that we had to keep going on, looking for more people if they couldn’t progress. But they came and are trying to settle out their problems with paperwork to get married.

 This Tuesday we went to Santiago to watch the broadcast from the church from the first presidency. I can truly see how the Lord guides His church. I really hadn’t paid much attention to President Nelson before this last year, but in the last two conferences I could really see the power and authority of his words. I know he is called of God and that he is the new president of the church. I could also see it in the most recent broadcast. Those men testify of Christ and teach His pure doctrine. As much as the world changes and wants everything else to adapt to its standards, the Lord has set His standards and His true servants are teaching and testifying of those standards to all the world. They are true.

I really am loving it out here in Barra de Navidad. I finally feel like if found "my groove" for the lack of a better word. I just feel more comfortable and happy with my personal efforts. I think its because Im simply trying to think about myself less and just do my duty. Its great out here, and we are finding so many humble people to teach. I just hope that they can feel the urgency of Gods call to them.






No comments:

Post a Comment