Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Leadership Training vs. Bus sick

June 13, 2017
    We walked around all day long and contacted.  I bought some delicious horchata de coco.  It was so good, oh my goodness!  I learned that the whole issue with JM’s nephew worked it’s way out and nothing bad happened to him.  That is a relief. 
June 14, 2017
    I had a lot of challenges today in teaching.  We taught this alcoholic in the morning about the Word of Wisdom, which he rejected.  Then he rejected us and God and everything else.  I was okay with it because he has been 100% drunk 100% of the time we have taught him. But, Elder A was pretty down about it because he was the one who brought up the Word of Wisdom.  This led us to a cool discussion about teaching with the Spirit and teaching by the Spirit.  It helped to motivate Elder A to feel a little better at least.  We contacted for hours and found a few people.  One didn’t want anything to do with us at first, but then they asked us, “What happened after we die?” We were able to teach her a little bit, but she wouldn’t give us her address to follow up.  We had a lesson with H. and our bishop that turned out really well.  The Bishop told his whole story and was asking super inspired question.  Members make a big difference in our lessons, usually for the good. 
June 15, 2017
    I went to Guadalajara for a leadership training meeting.  I threw up HARD on the way back. It was awful, not the meeting, but the vomiting. The meeting was good.  I learned a ton about leadership and just how to be a better missionary.  They sent us to an Elder’s house, literally miles away from any but terminal.  I don’t know why, but it was inconvenient to say the least.  It was nice to see all the missionaries from all over the mission. They are old friends to me now. 


June 16, 2017
    I didn’t sleep at all on the bus ride home, thus I was exhausted today.  We ate with the Bishop, and then went looking for a bunch of people, none of whom were home. We did our weekly planning and then just collapsed.
June 17, 2017
    We cleaned the church in the morning, ate with Hermano J. who is a recent returned missionary and a counselor in the bishopric.  Later we searched and searched for people to teach, unsuccessfully.
June 18, 2017
    Today was ward conference and the whole topic was obedience. It was a little overdone, but still good.  I had to translate for an old American couple here on vacation. Going from English to Spanish is easy for me, but Spanish to English is harder for some reason.  Afterwards we ate and went to Ixtapa for a meeting with the zone leaders and other district leaders to make a plan to be able to achieve our new mission goals.  It was a good meeting actually.  I fell like things are going to start to change for the good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment