Blog Archive

Thursday, June 21, 2018

May Missionary Fatigue - FInal Stretch

 May 7, 2018
Oh my goodness its already week 6 of the change!  This change has absolutely flown by. Last week we had the baptism of Manuel, his older brother is a member and he and his brother have been listening to the missionaries. His brother Jairo was originally atheist/agnostic, but has been coming to church and really likes it. After the baptism he told us that he would like to baptized too! After the baptism it started to pour, like really pour. the sewer system in Guadalajara is pretty okay but the streets still were literal rivers. 
We also had mission council which lasted all day long. from 10 to 7:30. It was really good as always and always inspires me to do more. 
        I think in these last months of the mission fatigue is really my worst enemy. I feel like I’m in my training again. I even fell asleep in a lesson yesterday! That hasn’t happened in forever. These two years are finally taking a toll, but I just gotta keep working. It’s hard to want to get to contact and work even if the Spirit indicates to do so, but I know that if I work to increase my love for the Savior I can endure and be diligent to the end. I think that this applies to everyone. Fatigue is the common enemy of all. But if we continually work on increasing our love for the Lord, we will not tire of the commandments or the covenant path back to the Father.
Asi que echemos todas las ganas que podamos. Les amo, pienso en ustedes mucho, We have planned to do the video call at 6 on Sunday our time, which is 4 in Spokane I think, 5 in Utah. This call will be a completely different atmosphere than in Barra. In our area you can go from 1st world to 3rd world in a 25 minute bus ride. We’ve had lessons where you sit on a bucket or in the dirt to teach. It’s humbling to say the least. 
Please pray for the work and for us. We have so much to do and so much to improve.

May 21, 2018
Hola familia!  Everything is going well here in Guadalajara! enjoying the sun and the steadily rising temperatures. The good thing is that now we have two more elders in Auditorio. Now our workload should be a lot more manageable. I’m extremely grateful. 
This week was kinda slow. We had very few new investigators, fecha metas, or people in sacrament meeting (members and investigators alike.) It was just rather slow, which frustrates me because we’ve worked hard to invite people back to church, but have a hard time motivating the members to help us.  In the Elder’s quorum they’re still talking about the organization of the quorum and haven’t assigned any ministering bretheren yet. They literally have done nothing. The second counselor of the quorum presidency was called but he left before the third hour so he wasn’t set apart. Neither the president or the first counselor were there. I left church feeling annoyed honestly and discouraged for the excess of talk and lack of action. Then in companionship study I realized that I needed to change something. Instead of feeling annoyed, I simply need to keep working, keep trying. It’s not my place to criticize or think like that. I think it shows that I still need to work on being more humble
One of our investigators, Pedro, is really progressing. He came to church randomly, and we got to know him there, but every lesson really helps him out and he’s determined to make and keep baptismal covenants with the Lord. I can really see his true intent. He is simply searching for a purpose, something that can give him lasting joy and peace in this life. He has truly humbled himself and told us, "I have lots of weird ideas, teach me and show me what I need to change and which of those ideas are wrong" and "I really think that teachers appear when one is ready to learn. I think you are those teachers and want to learn" 
Les amo! voy a seguir trabajando! 3 nephi 18:32 keep ministering, keep serving, keep inviting. You never know when people might be willing to come back to Him 

May 28, 2018
Well its been a long week, but it feels like we haven’t done anything. We had divisions in our area with Elder Jiminez and Elder Stubbs. Then on Saturday we had divisions in the other part of Auditorio with Elder Novak y Elder Heredia!  Apart from that, really there’s nothing much new. I learned the importance of starting every lesson with a prayer the hard way. We are trying to teach more jovenes, but they’re so incredibly busy. Everybody seems to be using Sunday as their day to go work a little bit more or to go to the complete other side of the city. Getting investigators to church has been a little harder than usual. This Sunday the speaker was very interesting, he was a representative of the FSY program and in the middle of sacrament meeting starting calling people out in the congregation, asking them to answer questions, read scriptures, stand up, and then played and audio file on his phone over the speakers. He took forever too, we ended sacrament meeting 25 minutes late! I wont criticize though, it was a good message, it was just rather abnormal.... 
Anyway, I really don’t have much else to say! It’s hot, like really hot, but good thing we are both used to that haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment