Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Baptisms and the Balancing Act


March 26, 2108
Well where to start. It’s been a crazy week. We had baptisms in la Huerta and in Barra, so planning for both of them was pretty hectic, but everything turned out alright. The only problem is that the familia P. who were baptized in La Huerta, couldn’t come to church because their car broke down or something like that. I don’t know what it is about la Huerta, but none of our baptisms there have been confirmed on the corresponding Sunday. Lots of opposition, but everything went well with the baptism de la familia De Dios!! The men of the familia still don’t want to be baptized, but I think the women finally understood the importance and didn’t want to postpone any longer. It was a really special experience, we’ve been working with them for the last 4 changes, and they finally were able to make the decision to follow the Savior. 

  Other than that, it’s been just a lot of traveling, lots and lots of divisions with Cihuatlan, and the three assistants stayed with us on Sunday night. Our house is not meant for 5 people, but it was cool having them with us. 
That’s about it for the week. It was really nice to be able to participate in the baptisms, but it kinda made the other aspects of the work go down this week. I think I really need to improve how I use my time, balance it out and manage it better. It’s a life skill I think everyone needs. We have to be able to balance our work, school, family life, church responsibilities, and personal desires in order to really be happy. A balance is necessary I think. But the nice thing is that as a missionary you already have your life pretty much planned out day after day. Makes me worried what I’m going to do when I come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment