Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

December Rush

      Let me just start out by saying we are literally snowed in with work, and not the kind of work you would like as a missionary. Instead of being able to get out and find all the new investigators that we wanted, or have the baptisms that we wanted, I spent most of my time on buses. And the little time that I had off of buses, was spent waiting for more buses, and all other time was in the house planning all of the Christmas parties and things we have to do. We did have several divisions, Even then, with the little time I do have we aren’t using it very efficiently. I really have to get back into contacting people personally. I find myself making excuses and avoiding contacting and I’m not sure why. It’s something I really need to improve. I feel as though I’ve walked right by many many people who need to hear the gospel and they didn’t because I didn’t open my mouth. So that’s my goal this week, really get out there and preach to all the world the gospel. 
     This week is going to be even more crazy! We have a zone activity, a Christmas party, divisions with the assistants, a Christmas dinner with the branch, a baptism and other divisions! lots and lots and lots of things to do!
     I want to make a challenge to all of you this week, that we can each of us pray and ask Heavenly Father to help us be the answer to someone else’s prayer. We should strive a little bit more this week to be prone to the promptings of the spirit to know what the Lord would have us do to help someone else in this Christmas season. I’m going to try my best to do it as well this week, and I know that each of us can see miracles if we do! I’m certainly going to be praying for miracles for here in Barra!
       

         As we approach Christmas Christmas, I invite all of us to think about what we have because of Him. We have so much, He has given us everything. Because of Him we have a purpose to life, we have a hope of better things, we have light and love, we have new beginnings and fresh starts. We can leave all of our pains and shame because of Him. He is the Christ, the Son of God. Because of Him, we have Christmas! So in this time I hope that each of us can think about what we have because of Him. Then, what we should do because of Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment