Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Some Good Changes

May 28, 2017
    Don’t judge me, I terrible at updating in my journal.  Major events of the last two weeks were that the sisters had a baptism of a Mother and her kids!  I got to baptize the two kids and confirm one.  It was pretty cool.  

 After the baptism we had a Mother’s Day activity.  One of our investigators, V., went to both the baptism and the activity. The activity was pretty poorly planned, but still turned out really good.  I mean nothing like Juli Shogan can plan, haha.  The sisters made me sing a primary song and it was awful.  The told me afterwards that they didn’t know that I couldn’t sing well, haha. But the funny part was that their tone was sincerely disappointing.  
      We planned some activities to do as a district to help us find less active members like family history class and cooking class.  We also had interviews with President Clayton.  We talked forever, but it was good!  President is very real and sincere.  He treats us like we are his own kids.  Hermana Clayton always brings snacks to interviews for those of us who are waiting.  I think that I definitely got lucky with them as my mission presidents. Too bad that they go home 3 months before I do.   Other than that these past weeks have been pretty uneventful.  Lots of searching, walking, contacting, and not a lot of teaching.  
Though the other day we taught a Jewish man.  He was extremely nice even though he completely rejected us.  It is impossible to get frustrated with such a nice person.  Also, I forgot to mention this before, a couple of weeks ago we saw one blind man leading another.  No joke, the blind was leading the blind.  It was like they were walking with no direction or purpose.  It caused me to think that it was how the world is today.
    Some family and friends of Elder Anderson came into town on a cruise today and we met up with them because they brought a package from home.  They literally brought him 9 copies of the Book of Mormon in English so that he could continue marking each one with a particular theme.  He is kind of crazy, but I love it. 


     We have such weird conversations.  With my previous two comps most of our conversations was about relationship decisions.  With Elder A. we talk about science, psychology, and meaningful doctrinal topics.  It’s a pretty great change.  My biggest challenge now is doing a full 30 minutes of exercise in the morning. I will get up at the correct time, no problem, but then I find it hard to stay awake while Elder A. uses the bathroom. Well, sadly I don’t remember much else important.  Sister Clayton is encouraging us to write important experiences in a little notebook that we carry with us. Maybe I should refer to that notebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment