Blog Archive

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Todo Tranquilo No hay nada interesante.

Morning exercises
January 18, 2017
    We didn’t have any success with new contacts last week.  We just walked and walked which is fine except my feet actually hurt a ton.  The cobblestones are really starting to kill me. I’ve decided that being a missionary is a lot like being a therapist, albeit and very unqualified one. In most lessons that we teach, the people will tell us their problems or trials and expect us to be able to fix them or maybe say something that will fix their issues.  It is hard for them to understand that in order for the gospel to work in their lives, they have to put it into practice and live it.  Even then it doesn’t mean that you won’t have temporal problems, but you will have the strength to endure.  I am not complaining about people sharing their problems with us, it is just hard for me given my level of experience.  It is also very sad to see the disfunction and unhappiness all day.  It does humble me for sure.  I have never really had any serious tragedy in my life and often times I think of the gospel as something easy to accept.  But it is a difficult process for most people and I really need to humble myself  and love these people so that I can teach by the Spirit the things that they need. 
    I don’t really remember any specifics about the past 10 days that I want to write down.  Today was really normal.  We got a member to accompany us who works just like a missionary.  He was an assistant for most of his mission so he knows his stuff.  Today was a really good day for the work.  


January 19, 2017
    Today was a day of disappointments and late arrivals.  Late to lunch because of the dang bus, then late to our appointment which fell through, then late to another appointment in the evening who wasn’t home.  We did teach a neighbor of one of our appointments that fell through, but we found out that they are moving this week.  That is pretty much it, boring and disappointing day.
January 20, 2017
    It was a normal day where we taught some less active members who told us that they can’t go to church because the father is having surgery soon.  We walked around a lot, people weren’t home, etc.  We actually walked from one side of our area to the other for an appointment and a stray dog followed us the whole way, through traffic, past tacos stands, and right into the house of the investigator.  We almost adopted him, but mission rules…. Anyway, that was the most interesting thing that happened to us today.

January 21, 2017
    Weird day.  We went to an appointment in the morning and a little boy in the family said that his mom was busy and to come back in 30 minutes.  So we did, and she was still busy.  My companions took that as “she doesn’t want to listen to you guys.”  He wanted to leave, but I felt like we should wait.  He agreed and we waited for another 15 minutes and then she came to the door.  We ended up having a really great lesson with her. 
    Later on we went to eat with a member and we were asked to give a blessing for the house because the member and my companion felt bad in the house.  I don’t know, I didn’t feel anything, I was just hungry.  So I didn’t say the blessing for the house…. I’m insensitive I guess.  Then we got a call that one of the Sister’s investigators wanted a blessing.  So we went to help them out only to find out that the sisters had been teaching lessons to men without another woman present. Then we got a call to ask me to play piano for choir so we went and did that.  That was our day…weird, but at least we were busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment